Rapidly changing product marketing communications
Product Marketers face extraordinary challenges understanding, developing, and communicating product messaging that addresses their buyer’s (and influencer’s) needs for solutions to the challenges they face on a super accelerating scale.
Mark Paine, Senior Director, Gartner Research further states “Product marketers need to embrace new technologies to help in getting the right message to the right buyer at the right time and in a format that the buyer wants to consume.”(source Smarter with Gartner)
Product marketing communication(s) must be easily consumed and understood by your target audiences, must work on many devices - and most importantly, must be agile to meet rapidly changing product, and market conditions.
Agile Marketing Communication - Easily Consumed and Understood → Video!
Using video for product marketing isn’t easy, but when done well there’s no better way to convert viewers into customers meeting one of the three previously mentioned criteria for product marketing communication success.
That is because video is more engaging, more memorable, drives more traffic, and frankly, holds almost every other advantage over text. With its high conversion rate and ever-growing popularity, video content is overtaking written text as the preferred medium of product marketing.
- Over 70% of product marketers claim that video produces more conversions than any other content. The average consumer watches roughly 206 videos a month, and 59% of senior executives said that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- People buying products online are over 27 times more likely to click on an online video ad than a static banner ad.
- Videos get 1,200% more shares than text and images combined.
- Companies that use videos on their websites have 41% more web traffic from searches then sites that don’t use video at all.
- Embedding videos on landing pages can increase conversions by 80%.
So why don’t product marketers become video experts? Why don’t product marketers spend their budgets contracting with video marketing agencies? Simply speaking there are two reasons: 1. Time (Lack of it) and 2. Money (Lack of it).
Stay tuned for Part 2 and 3 of this series.
Part 1 : Product Marketing