About the job
We are looking for a Principal Mobile Developer who would own the entire mobile application lifecycle - concept, design, test, release, and support. The role will turn into Lead Mobile Developer based on the candidate's performance. The candidate will be reporting directly to the CTO.
About the role
- Responsible for leading the development effort of Pictory's mobile apps, starting with Android
- Research and develop prototypes to evaluate and recommend technology platforms and solutions
- Work with Technical Architect to design a scalable, highly performant mobile native application
- Work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and other developers to build the app from the ground up
- Build, manage and mentor a team of mobile developers as the application adoption increases
- Ensure the performance, and responsiveness of the applications
- Advice engineering and business stakeholders on best practices, compatibility issues, and tradeoffs
- Provide level 3 support when escalations are raised to the engineering team, ensuring issues are resolved promptly
Qualification and required skills
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in developing Android apps
- Experience with REST, JSON, XML, and interfacing Android applications with APIs
- Proficiency with Kotlin and Java strongly preferred
- Solid grasp of memory and device resource management and real-time communications
- Understanding of mobile performance, latency, and security issues
- Experience of using performance analysis tools and optimizing mobile app performance
- In-depth knowledge of current technology trends, developments, and mobile best practices
- Good understanding of UX design principles
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in video and media web applications
- Understanding of cloud applications hosted on AWS
- Competitive salary
- Competitive benefit package
- Exciting, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial culture
Pictory is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Pictory does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are excited about this opportunity and believe that you can add value to our mission, we can’t wait to talk to you.
Please reach out to us at [email protected].