Octopuses Are Highly Intelligent
In fact, they're often considered the most intelligent invertebrates in the world!
They love learning and can quickly solve puzzles such as how to open jars or escape from tanks.
The very definition of thinking outside the box!
This characteristic is mirrored in Pictory.
Without wishing to brag, Pictory's Artificial Intelligence (AI) is pretty darn smart too!
We took a fresh look at how videos are made and came up with a better way.
With Pictory's AI there's no more messing around with fiddly and frustrating time-line based editors, edit videos using text as easily as editing a Word document.
And that's just the start as you'll see on this website.
Octopuses Are Curious
Octopuses are curious creatures, something we love about them.
They're always investigating their surroundings and trying to learn more about the world around them.
We've copied this approach.
Our advanced AI learns from what users do and automatically updates Pictory to make it better.
Curiosity is also something we encourage within our team and our fast-growing community of users we call 'Pictorians'.
We firmly believe the best way to learn is to experiment and get feedback from others.
We're constantly learning from our customers.
That's why we host an amazing community of enthusiastic users and release product updates every few weeks in response to their requests.
You can join them for free here.
'Alien' And Different, But In A Good Way
In the tree of evolution octopuses diverged from the human branch very early on.
This means they have a very different way of looking at the world.
Which is probably why they're considered by some to be aliens!
But different can be good.
We're constantly challenging norms and pushing boundaries to create the best video editing experience possible.
Yes, But Why Pickford?
We admit it, we just love the name Pickford!
Our users love the way Pickford 'picks for' them when it comes to selecting video clips from our library of over 3 million royalty free video clips and music tracks.
Six Fun Facts About Octopuses
- Octopuses have unique personalities. Some people keep them as pets and swear they recognize different members of the family.
- Aristotle thought octopuses were stupid. In 350 BC he wrote ”The octopus is a stupid creature, for it will approach a man’s hand if it be lowered in the water"
- Octopuses have 'brains' in their arms. Having smart arms makes them excellent at multitasking. While an octopus's brain is thinking about opening a coconut, its arms could are busy tasting things - or making a video if he or she is a Pictory subscriber.
- Octopuses have been known to correctly predict the results of football matches. In the 2010 FIFA World Cup, 'Paul' an octopus living at the Sea Life Centre in Oberhausen Germany, became a star when he correctly predicted the winners of each of the seven matches that the German team played, against Australia, Serbia, Ghana, England, Argentina, Spain, and Uruguay. It's true, if you don't believe us check out Wikipedia here.
- Octopus blood is blue. Unlike our blood which is red due to the iron in our hemoglobin, octopus blood is copper based through a chemical called hemocyanin.
- Octopuses are edible. Japan, South Korea and China lead the world in consuming octopuses, closely followed by European countries such as Spain and Italy, which means Pickford has to choose his holiday destinations wisely!