At Pictory, we're all about making video creation a breeze! We're a rapidly growing SaaS solution that empowers businesses and individuals to create stunning videos with the power of AI.
We are looking for a Senior Video Editor who is both a powerful storyteller and a technical creative Swiss army knife. The ideal candidate excels in creating captivating short-form digital content (for example: videos, designs, illustrations, animations) for omnichannel distribution and will be fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite, be up to date on modern industry trends, and have a strong passion for template design and product.
Join us in defining the future of video storytelling.
Who is Pictory?
Pictory is a video creation platform. We are on a mission to democratize video storytelling and make video creation accessible to teams across the enterprise. Powered by GPT-4, our AI models make video intuitive, easy, and fun. We are a global team and scaling quickly.
What you will do (responsibilities)
- Develop, produce, and edit multimedia content for a range of purposes including marketing (paid and organic), customer case studies, and other material for social, web, and more.
- Utilize the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator) to create engaging and visually stunning videos.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Product Design, and Content Teams to storyboard and brainstorm concepts and campaigns.
- Ensure all content aligns with brand standards, and maintain organization of brand kit (components, templates, assets).
- Work closely with the Product Managers and UX Designers to create modern dynamic video caption style templates for Pictory customers.
- Optimize video content for various platforms and channels such as YouTube, TikTok, Instagram etc., ensuring best practices are followed for each specific channel.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends, techniques, and tools in the world of video production and bring new ideas to the table.
What we are looking for (qualifications and skills):
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in video editing.
- Strong proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Illustrator. Expertise in Cinema 4D or Blender is a huge plus.
- Possess a solid foundation and substantial experience in both static and kinetic typography.
- Demonstrated working knowledge in sound/audio editing, along with the ability to seamlessly integrate audio elements with video and animation.
- Impressive portfolio that exhibits a broad spectrum of skills in motion graphics, video editing, and animation.
- Ability to operate with minimal briefs, under tight deadlines, and turnaround rough cuts quickly.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for storytelling.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Motion graphics skills a plus.
- BFA or Creative Arts Degree in Multimedia, Design, Communications, or a related field is a plus.
- Enjoy the flexibility of working from anywhere.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Exciting, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial culture.
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
Pictory is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Pictory are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you're interested in this role, the next step is to email [email protected]